Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day Brunch with Morgan's Resurrection


We're hoping to have something new and exciting for our Mother's Day brunch. Twenty years ago I worked for a guy named Chuck Mann. Chuck was skinny, super high strung, an avid smoker, and good lord could he cook. ANYTHING! I don't really remember why he was knocking around Madison but I still miss his food (I don't miss his pointed criticisms of my work habits. They were true...but still). Through the miracle of having worked at a bar I was able to track down Chuck and get his recipe for my favorite blender Hollandaise sauce. We've been playing with the poaching and with the sauce. Carrie from Jordandal helped us to find the perfect Canadian bacon. And, of course, those beautiful New Century Farm eggs!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Chuck's Hollandaise is heavenly, I can still remember it 20 years later. mmmmmmm.

militantantifoodie said...

mermaid sauce is even better...